Welome to day two!
(In case you missed it, here is the post about our first day in Verona.)
Torri Del Benaco
- The view of Torri from our hotel was absolutely stunning. We spent the first part of the morning taking as many photos as we could think of before going down the hill to Torri.
- Our hotel let us rent three bikes and we went down to cycle around Torri all morning and afternoon.
- We cycled along the edge of Lake Garda and took so many photos of cute shops and great views of the Lake.
- We wandered around the streets on foot as well until we were in need of coffee and a snack. I got a latte macchiato and a chocolate brioche before going back to the edge of the lake to take even more photos. We also found a park not far from the lake with swings which was amazing.
- We came back to the hotel not long after that for an afternoon break. We visited the sauna briefly and then had some down time (and we actually checked in to our flights for the following day ’cause we can be somewhat responsible).
- Then we got ready to go to dinner in Torri again.
- We stopped at reception on the way out and we were given directions to central Verona for the next morning. We were able to get our bus tickets on the way to dinner because we would be leaving earlier than the shop opened the next day.
- It wasn’t even up for debate, we knew we wanted to go back to the same restaurant as before. I possibly got pizza again…c’mon it’s Italy. How many times would I be able to say I had pizza in Italy? Well now twice.
- We also got dessert. Viki got gelato (’cause Italy) and it came inside a little plastic penguin and they let us take the penguin home so we named him Antonio (after our cab driver on the first day).
- They brought a plastic owl to as to take home too and I named him Romeo (we’re in the province of Verona okay). So then we had Antonio and Romeo to take with us to Juliet’s house the next day.
- We came back to our hotel for our second and final night and wrote letters to take to Juliet’s house while listening to sappy Ed Sheeran songs.
- This was one of my top favorite days EVER and the three musketeers have decided Italy is great and we didn’t want to leave.