Day One: Travelling to Verona
- Plane to Verona!
- We arrived in the afternoon and spent ages trying to figure out how to get to the place we were staying at. (Yes, we had looked at this in advance, we just hadn’t realized quite how far it was from central Verona.)
- We got a shuttle from the airport to the train station in Verona and got a train part of the way there. Since we were so tired after reaching that station, we called the hotel and they sent us a cab to bring us the rest of the way there.
- It was dark by the time we got there, around 7:30, and we were given a free room upgrade!
- Even though it was dark we could tell the view from our room was absolutely stunning because we were looking out over Lake Garda.
- We relaxed a little bit before deciding dinner was a good idea, so we went down the hill into Torri del Benaco to find a place to eat.
- I had Hawaiian pizza, Viki had lasagna, and Roz had spaghetti and everything was so good. The staff that worked there were really nice to us as well and helped us understand the menu since we didn’t speak Italian.
- We went back up to our hotel shortly after, still finding it difficult to believe we were about to spend our first night in ITALY.
For Day Two check out: Torri Del Benaco